THANK YOU BACKERS!
I am humbled once again by the support of the Kickstarter community. I owe a huge thank you to the almost 2,500 backers who pledged for this campaign, and it’s time for me to get to work on creating an awesome product that I hope will live up to your expectations.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the timeline going forward – all dates are estimated!
- TODAY: Kickstarter will process payment for your pledge within the next 14 days. If there’s any problem with your payment, you’ll get an email from Kickstarter. This is a good time to double check that the email on file with your Kickstarter account is one you check often, especially if your account is linked to another social media account.
- THIS WEEK: I’ll be sending out the HeroBook GM Design Questionnaire. All backers will get the chance to review our planned content for the book and offer feedback. We made changes to our first HeroBook thanks to your valuable feedback and will likely do the same this time around, so please keep an eye out for this in the form a backer-only update through Kickstarter within the next week or so.
- WEEK OF APRIL 21: I’m aiming to send out Backer Surveys sometime during the last week of April. The Backer Survey will arrive as an email from our partners at BackerKit, and allows you to select your pledge options, get add-ons, and provide your shipping address. It’s critical that all backers fill out their backer survey, as it is required for you to get your rewards – even if you’re just getting the PDF version!
- APRIL – JUNE: I’ll be getting to work on the content and layout for HeroBook GM immediately, continuing for the next 3 months.
- JULY: I’m aiming to submit final files to the printer on July 1st, and begin proofing.
- AUGUST – FEBRUARY: Manufacturing, packaging, procuring add-on items, and shipping everything to distribution centers.
- MARCH 2020: Shipping HeroBook GM to you!
Need help with your pledge?
Payment processing for your pledge is handled entirely by Kickstarter, so if you have an issue, please contact Kickstarter support. If you have a question that isn’t payment-related, feel free to message me by clicking on my Kickstarter profile at the top of the campaign page.
As I get to work creating HeroBook GM, I’ll be keeping you updated every step of the way through backer updates just like this one. Make sure you’ve enabled email notifications so that you don’t miss an update!
Behind the Screen Contest Winners
Thanks to all the game masters who offered us an intimate look behind their GM screens this week! Congratulations to Jasinta, who wins the grand prize of a free HeroBook GM, a set of HeroBooks for their party, as well as a set of semi-precious stone dice from Level Up Dice! The three runners up, Steven, Jason, and MC will take home a free HeroBook and HeroBook GM and a $25 gift card to Level Up Dice! I’ll be contacting the winners through the site they submitted (Facebook or Twitter).