We’ll start with the not-so-great news. I regret that the shipping estimate for all backers has been changed to November, due to a few delays that occurred during the pre-press and proofing stage. This is a month past my original estimated shipping date of October. I personally accept the responsibility for this delay as it resulted from my lack of experience working with a printing project of this scale; as a result, the proofing process took longer than expected. I apologize sincerely to our Kickstarter backers as I had attempted to be fairly conservative with my original shipping estimate and am disappointed that I will likely miss it. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. As you’ll see below, the process is now in motion, so I do not expect any further delays in printing. If you have any issues with your pledge or shipping address as a result of this change, don’t hesitate to contact me through Kickstarter, BackerKit, social media, or our website.
Scenes from the Presses
And now the good news – HeroBook is being printed RIGHT NOW!
I had the privilege of being allowed to poke around at Hemlock Printing on Saturday and again today as the HeroBook covers and book blocks were coming off the presses. I’ll let these speak for themselves – all I’ll say is they look SO FREAKIN’ GOOD, you guys.
Need to update your shipping address?
You can update your shipping address until right before we ship. You can do this via your original BackerKit survey email or pre-order confirmation email. If you need a new link, just go here to send yourself another one.
I’ve been busy over on the Material Components Instagram – keen followers have caught this week’s trips to the printing facility in real time via our Story – and I’ve been sharing shots of our add-ons as they arrive. If you’re of the ‘gram persuasion and want the most up-to-date look at what’s going on, give us a follow!
This timeline is included in every project update, so if you want to know exactly where we’re at, just check the most recent post!
- COMPLETED – Kickstarter campaign ends May 24th, pledges processed
- COMPLETED – HeroBook Design Questionnaire sent out
- COMPLETED – Sending backer surveys, pre-orders begin
- COMPLETED – Backer surveys complete, layout complete
- COMPLETED – HeroBook sent to printer, add-ons ordered
- COMPLETED – Backer surveys locked down, Digital Rewards distributed
- RIGHT NOW – printing HeroBooks, add-ons arriving
- September/October – printing HeroBooks and shipping everything to fulfillment centers
- November – delivering HeroBooks & add-ons to backers