Today is the BackerKit survey deadline for Kickstarter backers!
If you are a Kickstarter backer, you need to fill your survey out RIGHT NOW, as we’ll be locking your orders down later today. Once locked, you will only be able to change your shipping address, so if you’ve been thinking about grabbing an extra HeroBook or add-on, now is the time! We will be processing any outstanding payments in one week, on August 7th.
If you are a pre-order backer, your order will not be locked down until right before we ship (estimated November), so you have a little more time.
The layouts are finished, the text is proofread, and HeroBook is off to the printer today! It’s been a lot of hard work to get everything ready, but it’s looking amazing and I can’t wait to see the finished product. Our printing partner Hemlock will be beginning production shortly, and we’re right on time for our estimated October delivery.
Here’s a sneak peek at a couple of the finished pages!
The digital rewards unlocked via BackerQuest have been delivered! Check your email for the download link, arriving in an email from BackerKit. The rewards include a set of wallpaper images for all common device sizes, and a set of game tokens, in each of the six HeroBook colors. If you use one of the wallpapers or tokens, make sure to send us a screenshot or photo!
HeroBook GM Kickstarter Announcement!
This may not come as a surprise to those of you who have been following the project closely, but today I’m very excited to announce that we will be launching a second Kickstarter for a 5E Game Master version of HeroBook in Q4 2018/Q1 2019. This was the most heavily requested new version of HeroBook and I can’t wait to get it started. The book will be the same form factor as HeroBook, with a reusable note surface and map grid in the front and back, and will include features like rules & references tailored for GMs, tables & generators for all kinds of things, an encounter builder, party tracker, monster and NPC templates, and much more.
If you are a 5th edition GM and have suggestions as to what you’d like to see in the book, I’m all ears – send me a message via social media; links below!
Things are moving along right on schedule! This timeline is included in every project update, so if you want to know exactly where we’re at, just check the most recent post!
- COMPLETED – Kickstarter campaign ends May 24th, pledges processed
- COMPLETED – HeroBook Design Questionnaire sent out
- COMPLETED – Sending backer surveys, pre-orders begin
- COMPLETED – Backer surveys complete, layout complete
- COMPLETED – HeroBook sent to printer
- TODAY – Backer surveys locked down, Digital Rewards distributed
- August – printing HeroBooks & procuring add-ons
- August 7th – Backer Survey payments processed
- September – sending HeroBooks & add-ons to our shipping providers
- October – delivering HeroBooks & add-ons to Kickstarter backers
- November – delivering HeroBooks & add-ons to pre-order customers