Happy Friday, backers! Just a quick update for you all today with a few notes about production and some amazing sketches from our art team.

Backer Surveys

Around 500 backers have not yet completed their backer surveys. If you are one of them, please fill your survey out ASAP as it will help us get more accurate numbers as we go to production – and, of course, we need to know your shipping address so we can send your HeroBooks! Your survey has been sent to the email address on file with your Kickstarter account – be advised that if it’s linked to social media accounts like Facebook, this may not be the email address you expect!

If you have not received your backer survey, you can re-send it via this page. If you’re having trouble, or need your survey sent to a different email address, please send me a message and we’ll get it sorted out!

Production & Materials Update

While the art team is hard at work, I’ve been nailing down our final materials for production, as well as getting everything finalized with our shipping providers. A few small announcements related to materials:

  • The cover stock has been switched to a 130lb matte coated stock. This is a bit heavier and more durable than the initial 120lb uncoated stock earned via stretch goal, but we’ve also switched to a coated stock, because…
  • The yellow-gold details on the front and back cover will be accented with spot gloss!

The new cover stock is only 10% post-consumer recycled, but it is still certified FSC Mixed, meaning the remaining 90% is sourced from sustainable and responsible forestry. The main paper stock inside the book remains 100% post-consumer recycled and certified FSC Recycled.

Sketches from the art team

I have been so blown away with the work our fabulous art team is doing. Here’s a couple sneak peeks straight from their sketchbooks:

Make sure to follow our art team on social media!

Alex Gibson  Logan David  Jacob Kosh  Phoebe Nezil

Logan is also now on Patreon and has been posting even more sneak peeks of her HeroBook pieces – become a patron today and see them all!

Pre-orders available now

A reminder that our pre-order store is now open for anyone who missed the Kickstarter campaign! Estimated delivery for pre-orders is November, shortly after we deliver to our backers.

Project Timeline

This timeline is included in every project update, so if you want to know exactly where we’re at, just check the most recent post!

  • COMPLETED – Kickstarter campaign ends May 24th, pledges processed
  • COMPLETED – HeroBook Design Questionnaire sent out
  • COMPLETED – Sending backer surveys, pre-orders begin
  • RIGHT NOW – Backers completing surveys, team completing layout & artwork
  • July – finalizing HeroBook and sending to print
  • July & August – printing HeroBooks & procuring add-ons
  • September – sending HeroBooks & add-ons to our shipping providers
  • October – delivering HeroBooks & add-ons to Kickstarter backers
  • November – delivering HeroBooks & add-ons to pre-order customers 

Say hello on social media

Want to be sure you’re always up to date on the latest HeroBook news? Follow along on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram or join our Discord channel!

Categories: Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Want to be the first to get your hands on HeroBook GM Edition?

Sign up below to get the latest updates on the HeroBook GM Kickstarter!

We’ll never share your email with anyone else.